We have just passed our AS9100 Revison C Audit with no non conformancies. A first for an SME in the Aerospace business.
Quality management standard (QMS) for the Aerospace Industry, AS9100 standard is designed to meet stringent, complex and unique demands of the defense and commercial Aerospace industry. Similar to ISO 9001:2000, nearly 100 additional requirements specific to Aerospace, being certified to an accredited AS9100 registrar provides organizations with a comprehensive quality management system (QMS) focused on areas directly impacting product safety and reliability, including:
We were tested against:
- Configuration management- requires that management discipline be applied over the life cycle of a product to provide visibility and control of its functional and physical characteristics.
- Design-ensures that design responsible organizations have a robust design process to meet safety and reliability requirements demanded by the Aerospace industry.
- Purchasing-requires effective controls over the organization’s entire supply chain.
- Product Realization- ensures that each phase of product realization, from planning procuring and manufacturing to shipment is controlled for delivery of product conforming to customer requirements.
- Product Monitoring/Measurement – defines requirements for product validation prior to shipment.
Congratulations to the whole team for making it happen.